-led -led [led] suffix1. if something is market-led, consumer-led etc, the market etc is the most important influence on the way that it behaves or changes:
• his espousal of aggressive market-led economics
• The economy will start a consumer-led recovery by midyear.
• Social security and other demand-led expenditures placed upward pressure on public spending.— compare -driven, -oriented2. used after the name of a company, organization etc to say that the company etc is leading a particular project or activity:
• a major government-led initiative for large-scale debt cancellation
* * *-led suffix► having the thing mentioned as the most important influence: consumer/demand/market/-led »
The figures are evidence that the consumer-led recovery is still on track.► planned or controlled by a particular person or organization: »
a government-led inquiry into unfair practices
Financial and business terms. 2012.